Reasons for change:
The need for a new edition has come not only from reviewing
the current Issues Log but from wider feedback from the
community. The mandate for change has been created as a
- Reviewing the Change Control Log
- Advice from the Change Advisory Board
- Feedback from the user and training community.
Aims of the project:
- To update the publications in line with a number of issues
raised in the Change Control Log. Not everything will be
addressed – some technical changes are seen as too much
for this evolutionary change
- To remedy the inconsistencies that exist between the content
and layout of the publications
- To answer some of the criticisms that have been levelled at
the core publications by the training community
- To simplify the Service Strategy publication to ensure that the
concepts are readily understood and that the content is
accessible to a greater number of users.
As we at ITSMSpot have often questioned the motivation behind and validity of V3, we couldn't agree with this decision more.
To read more on this topic, visit the ITSMPortal