According to author, Tom Mochal, these are the top 5 reasons:
- Senior managers think that project management is a software tool
- Organizations don’t value the upfront investment of time
- You may have been burned in the past
- Your organization is not committed
- Organizations don’t know how to implement culture change
While we fully agree with every single point, we'd add one major reason why some of the projects we've seen have failed: The wrong people are making the decisions about which projects get funded and how project success is measured.This is especially true of IT projects. No one wants to take the time to do determine first, what are the right projects? and second, how are projects done right? Is it any wonder that close to 70% of IT projects fail.
Visit TechRepublic to read the article in it's entirety. Visit PM Hut for more information on Project Management Best Practice.
Visit http://www.redengineconsulting.com/ for Project Management and ITSM Consulting solutions.