Description: Lead solution planning, analysis and design efforts for Panel Management tool project. The Solution Design Consultant is responsible for understanding the strategic direction, priorities and needs of our business partners, as well as designing and facilitating IT-based solutions to meet these needs. Prepare, present and collaborate on all required deliverables with the solutions project team.
As a lead consultant within the Care Delivery the consultant should have Good understanding of clinical management using care paths and protocols. will be responsible for understanding the strategic direction, priorities, and needs of our business partners.
- Develop requirements and logical solution design documents
- Develop system and solution architecture diagrams
- Develop workflow and process diagrams
- Develop project plans, at they relate to solution activities for integration with master project plan
- Ensure project and technical review milestones are met
- Conduct solution design reviews
- Review all development and quality assurance related materials
- Assisting with project discovery, requirements gathering, planning and organizing new system development projects for business
- Eliciting and translating business and/or technical needs into relevant documentation/deliverables for assigned initiatives/projects.
- Establishing consensus among stakeholders and/or project team members.
- Provide leadership and a collaborative approach to integrate the stakeholders, project team members and IT service teams involved in solution development related activities.
- Works with team across the IT department and with business leadership/stakeholders in the development of the assigned applications.
- Communicates and works collaboratively across departments, and is supportive of their needs.
This position requires a relevant college degree (or equivalent such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or Management Information Systems-Masters degree preferred) more than ten years of Healthcare technology experience including more than 5 years of business consulting experience in the hospital/patient care managent (population care management)
- Knowledge of EPIC product (EPIC Care management) is an added advantage.
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management and Customer service skills; ability to understand a Customers' business and how IT contributes to the delivery of that product or service; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, and relationship building skills.
- Highly desirable is consulting experience in a globally recognized organization with an emphasis in delivery complex enterprise-level integrated solutions in the healthcare industry.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong business and technical impact analysis skills
- Experience with strategic and tactical IT planning strongly desired
- Experience in management of large, complex, cross organizational IT and/or Health Care Projects is strongly desired
Relevant Information Technology experience may include direct service area, business analysis, software development and design, or project management.
PMP certification is a plus.
Significant experience working in a team environment and in a large organization with the following skills:
- Analysis and evaluation of hardware, software, tools, and related processes required to support proposed
- Development of preliminary and detailed solution architectures
- Development of alternative design solutions and design of high-level network models
- Advanced skills to drive elicitation of business and / or technical needs using interviews, workshops, modeling and document analysis, etc is expected.
- Understands and has executed on / coached best practices in requirements management and advanced facilitation skills to drive alignment / consensus across stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills used to translate complex technical concepts into terms that are understandable to the business. You will be experienced in use of text, models or other appropriate formats to document business and / or technical needs.
- Experience in partnering to drive inter-operable solution architecture development and performing critical evaluation / reconciliation of information gathered from multiple sources.
- Expert analytical / problem solving skills and a strong understanding of the entire SDLC (analysis, design, development, test, deploy) used to drive requirements gathering, configuration and impact analysis.
- Must possess a high level understanding of key technologies and package application implementation / configuration and have understanding of current technologies and best practices that comprise a package development cycle.
- You will also have technical writing experience and / or strong documentation skills, fluency in PC / Windows skills and a passion for technology, methodology, best practices, process and continuous improvement.
- It is preferred, but not required, for you to have the ability to coach and mentor others on methodology best practices; ITIL or other applicable service methodology; an understanding of design patterns and the service oriented architecture (SOA) concepts.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines with limited supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to work across functional lines and at all levels.
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on assigned tasks independently and assesses and executes with minimal direction.
- Technical writing experience and / or strong documentation skills.
- Fluency in PC / Windows skills.
- Passion for technology, methodology, best practices, process and continuous improvement.
For more information on this and other positions visit Kaiser Permanente.