Responsibilities / Deliverables:
Provide single point of accountability to sponsors for successful project achievement of mid-sized initiatives. Develop and communicate alternatives to project sponsor and TMO to satisfy requested changes in scope and/or requirements, as well as, management and coordination of mitigation of risks. Ensure business and technical partners have the information they need to make sound business decisions.
Contribute to the development and management of project budgets in alignment with project financial goals.
This project engagement will implement and deliver a new toolset to encompass the Service Desk Function; Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Access, and Configuration Management; and Service Requesting.
Required Qualifications / Skills:
- Degree in Business, Information System or related field.
- Four to Six years of progressively responsible Information Systems management experience, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
- Plan, schedule and execute mid-sized projects;
- Effectively manage a multi-functional, cross-divisional team;
- Organize workload of self and team to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Express ideas clearly to a broad audience in both written and oral communications, including group presentations
- Manage multiple mid-sized projects simultaneously
- Develop project budgets and manage budget within allotted variance.
- Apply technical and project management knowledge to make decisions and recommendations in the context of the business functions, technology environment, software and hardware architecture, future directions of company, and the IS Strategic Plan;
- Apply principles and techniques of management to direct and motivate employees
- Make decisions in the absence of specific direction
- Communicate with all levels of company personnel; negotiate project and technical issues, develop short and long range plans for mid-sized projects
- High proficiency with MS Project.
Working knowledge of:
- New concepts and developing advancements in Information Systems;
- System development methodologies;
- Relational database, client server, internet, and mainframe concepts;
- Software engineering principles;
- Developing technical plans and recommendations;
- System analysis techniques and tools;
- Design concepts, techniques and tools;
- Testing techniques and tools;
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Advanced knowledge of:
- Project management concepts, practices, tools and techniques.
- ITIL Certification
- IT Service Management background in Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Release Management, and Configuration Management.
- Experience with a Configuration Management Database implementation.