- Creates and maintains an organizational configuration management plan.
- Ownership of the consolidation of testing, development, project, and release state information as well as the publishing of that information to appropriate parties.
- Develops and tracks standardized metrics to ensure CM process quality through routine measurement, analysis, and reports.
- Ownership of the build and deployment processes and framework with the goal of ensuring fast, repeatable and reliable builds and deployments.
- Establishes long-term strategic vendor relationships for CM related products, platforms, and services to ensure SLA, pricing, training, contract management, and issue resolution needs are met.
- Ownership of providing clear, up-to-date documentation on all in-place processes as well as historical documents such as postmortems.
- Provides advice to the senior systems architect to ensure componentized modular systems architecture that will scale and continue to be manageable from a CM perspective in the long term.
- Creates a staffing model appropriate for project demand and technology skills needed. Develops a motivated and competent CM staff.
- Provides training and best practices information to ensure a knowledgeable user community that has mastered the CM tools.
- Provides consultation to project managers on CM strategy and approach for individual projects.
- Accountable for the quality and availability of production and test environments
To learn more about this position, contact:Daren Hill.